Tidy Tote pattern using the Ikea Variera shelf units, avaliable everywhere there is an IKEA
- Tidy Tote FAQ's
- How to access your Tidy Tote online classes
- The ideas behind the Tidy Tote
The Tidy Tote allows you to pack all the things you need for classes and retreats, and keep them in one place, right where you need them. No need to ever unpack again - just zip and set up next to your machine. Never forget a thing again.
This version of the pattern uses the Ikea Variera shelf units that are easily available worldwide from the Ikea stores.
The pattern is very detailed with full color images and two size options for the Tidy Tote itself and two sizes of the Tidy Tote Baskets.
Please note that continuous or closed zippers will not work with this pattern for the long zips. You will need to purchase open ended jacket zippers so that they can be opened and closed easily so the front pocket can hang down.
The pattern is for the purchasers personal use only. Please respect copyright so that designers can keep spending time developing wonderful patterns for everyone to enjoy.
The pattern is available in the following formats:
- Printed copy to be mailed out; $25 AUD
- plus $2.50 AUD letter postage to Australia. This will be added when you check out.
- PDF download, $18 AUD (suitable for using on an iPad or similar, and can now be printed) .
Instructions are colour coded so if you wish to print off the pattern at home, please do so in colour. The download will usually go to the place allocated for downloads on your device. Two downloads are allowed so that if you are having technical difficulties you can do it a second time.
Call me on +61 430 135281 to organize a wholesale order for your shop.
The Tidy Tote Pattern options
The Tidy Tote pattern is available in three versions, with two sizes in each version;
- Tidy Tote original - using the A4 file box that is avalaible easily in Australia from Office Works. It can also be purchased from The Container Store in the US and Canada.
- Tidy Tote - using the Sterilite Box, easily purchased from Walmart in the US and Canada. You may be able to find it elsewhere but it could be expensive.
- Tidy Tote - using the Variera Shelves from Ikea. Easily avaliable worldwide.
Each of these is availabe to purchase seperatley.
The other option, if you cannot decide which one to make is to buy the Tidy Tote patterns and classes bundle. You will then have options depending on which insert you choose to use. Plus the added bonus of the Tidy Tote online classes
Tidy Tote Online classes with ALL the PDF patterns
- All Tidy Tote pdf patterns included.
- Watch 3 hours of online video classes any time you like and as often as you like.
- Start when it is is convenient to you.
- Every step is a separate video. 19 videos in total, demonstrating the techniques used to construct your Tidy Tote.
- Jump to any of the 19 videos to check up on a step.
- A total of 3 hours of online videos showing all steps from start to finish.
- All the help you could ever need to make your own unique Tidy Tote.
There are also kits avaliable which include the sometimes hard to find bag making requirements. I've done the hard work for you.
The videos are viewable online at any time whenever you like, in what order you like.
If you follow the link, you can sign in without making a payment, and have a look at the first couple of videos to see what you will be purchasing.
Sign in with the email you may purchase it under later.
Create a password
Then once you are in bookmark the page so you can go back to it often.
As a Quilting Teacher I had the need to transport my "tools of the trade" as efficiently as I could. I tried lots different bought bags and cases but none where, "just right", so I decided to make my own. Even when I am not on the move the Tidy Tote is a really good place to keep all my stuff in one place next to my sewing machine at home.
That initial pattern has then been honed, tried and tested to a point where I was comfortable offering it to my students and other clients. Many of them as you can see from the picture have made them too. I really enjoy seeing students bringing them to my classes and hearing how useful they find them.
I started just selling the pattern, then got requests for the items that made up the bag, So I have decided to make it easier for you to source them and now offer a kit in many colour options with or without the wadding. For the material many people have mentioned they get to use something from their "stash".
The feedback I get back is that the kits are of good quality and people find the pattern easy to follow. You can check that out on my facebook page.
I hope you have fun making your Tidy Totes and get lots of use out of them.