Tidy Tote bag making class 13th and 14th November 2021
- Tidy Tote FAQ's
- How to access your Tidy Tote online classes
- The ideas behind the Tidy Tote
- Tidy Tote Requirements
Tidy Tote making class in Warrandyte Saturday 13th November and Sunday 14th November 10 am - 3 pm
You need to attend both dates.
A Tidy Tote for you to take to class or retreat that will hold all the things you need, including those big rulers. No need to unpack, just unzip and set up next to your machine. Never forget a thing again.
The Tidy Tote is proving very popular with quilters across Australia. Even those whose hobbies are not sewing can use the Tidy Tote to hold all their essentials to take to classes. I have one for quilting, one for painting and of course one which holds everything I need to teach classes as I travel around the country.
The class fee includes;
- Two classes of five hours duration.
- Detailed full colour pattern with two size options
A kit is available at a cost of $130 that provides everything you need in a variety of colours EXCEPT THE FABRIC AND THE OFFICE WORKS DESKTOP ORGANIZER. You will choose and supply your own fabric, as detailed in the full requirements list on this page.
If you choose to take the kit, the zips, elastic and mesh can be matched in your first class.
It is advisable to pick up the wadding pieces from the kit prior to class so that the panels can be quilted before the day. You will then be able to complete the bag in the class time and a little homework of the hand stitching of the binding.
The kit includes;
- 1.6m single sided fusible foam, cut to specific panel sizes, ready to quilt.
- 1 pack of coordinating mesh fabric from By Annie.
- 2 x 30" open ended zips.
- 2 x 14" open ended zips.
- 2.5 m fold over elastic.
- 3.5 m strong strapping 1.5" wide for inside the handles.
- Set of 4 bag feet and 2 bag magnets.
Kits must be ordered prior to class to ensure availability of the colours you require.
Come and join in with a fun bag making class where you will make a really useful Tidy Tote to take all your stuff to class and retreat. Everyone is loving their creations and finding them very useful indeed.
The Tidy Tote Pattern options
The Tidy Tote pattern is available in three versions, with two sizes in each version;
- Tidy Tote original - using the A4 file box that is avalaible easily in Australia from Office Works. It can also be purchased from The Container Store in the US and Canada.
- Tidy Tote - using the Sterilite Box, easily purchased from Walmart in the US and Canada. You may be able to find it elsewhere but it could be expensive.
- Tidy Tote - using the Variera Shelves from Ikea. Easily avaliable worldwide.
Each of these is availabe to purchase seperatley.
The other option, if you cannot decide which one to make is to buy the Tidy Tote patterns and classes bundle. You will then have options depending on which insert you choose to use. Plus the added bonus of the Tidy Tote online classes
Tidy Tote Online classes with ALL the PDF patterns
- All Tidy Tote pdf patterns included.
- Watch 3 hours of online video classes any time you like and as often as you like.
- Start when it is is convenient to you.
- Every step is a separate video. 19 videos in total, demonstrating the techniques used to construct your Tidy Tote.
- Jump to any of the 19 videos to check up on a step.
- A total of 3 hours of online videos showing all steps from start to finish.
- All the help you could ever need to make your own unique Tidy Tote.
There are also kits avaliable which include the sometimes hard to find bag making requirements. I've done the hard work for you.
The videos are viewable online at any time whenever you like, in what order you like.
If you follow the link, you can sign in without making a payment, and have a look at the first couple of videos to see what you will be purchasing.
Sign in with the email you may purchase it under later.
Create a password
Then once you are in bookmark the page so you can go back to it often.
As a Quilting Teacher I had the need to transport my "tools of the trade" as efficiently as I could. I tried lots different bought bags and cases but none where, "just right", so I decided to make my own. Even when I am not on the move the Tidy Tote is a really good place to keep all my stuff in one place next to my sewing machine at home.
That initial pattern has then been honed, tried and tested to a point where I was comfortable offering it to my students and other clients. Many of them as you can see from the picture have made them too. I really enjoy seeing students bringing them to my classes and hearing how useful they find them.
I started just selling the pattern, then got requests for the items that made up the bag, So I have decided to make it easier for you to source them and now offer a kit in many colour options with or without the wadding. For the material many people have mentioned they get to use something from their "stash".
The feedback I get back is that the kits are of good quality and people find the pattern easy to follow. You can check that out on my facebook page.
I hope you have fun making your Tidy Totes and get lots of use out of them.
The Tidy Tote can be made in two different sizes, large and small. These both use the Office works Drawer set.