Tidy Tote pattern (Australia) by Anita
- Tidy Tote FAQ's
- Already bought a Tidy Tote pattern?
- How to access your Tidy Tote online classes
- The ideas behind the Tidy Tote
Pattern available now
This pattern is using the Office Works box available in Australia, the details can be found here.
*** Special note for purchasers from the United States, Canada and the rest of the world
A pattern specifically for the Sterilite 3 Drawer Clearview organizer that is readily available in Walmart is available here.
Be sure to choose the pattern that holds the box that you can purchase in your country. The Tidy Tote for the Rest of the world pattern is slightly larger than the Australian Version. Check your dimensions in your location
Dimensions of Australian box: H23 x L34 x W25 cm
Dimensions of US/Canada box: H24.5 x L34.3 x W27.9
Please note the zippers that are cut to length will not work for the long zippers. You will need to purchase open ended zips that open and close easily. These are included in the kits that go with the pattern
The Tidy Tote allows you to pack all the things you need for classes and retreats, and keep them in one place, right where you need them. No need to ever unpack again - just zip and set up next to your machine. Never forget a thing again.
The Tidy Tote by Anita, is proving very popular with quilters across Australia. Even those whose hobbies are not sewing can use the Tidy Tote to hold all their essentials to take to classes. I have one for quilting, one for painting and of course one which holds everything I need to teach classes as I travel around the country.
The pattern is very detailed with full colour images and two size options for the Tidy Tote itself and two sizes of the Tidy Tote Baskets.
The pattern is for he purchasers personal use only. Please respect copyright so that designers can keep spending time developing wonderful patterns for everyone to enjoy.
The pattern is available in the following formats:
- Printed copy to be mailed out; $25 AUD plus $2.50 postage to Australia or $10 AUD postage to the rest of the world.
- PDF download, $18 AUD (suitable for using on an iPad or similar,and can now be printed) . The file is quite large and if your internet isn’t the best you may prefer the printed copy, mailed out to you. The document is 32 pages long as could be quite costly to print yourself.
It is recommended that you download to your iPad or computer and view the images and pattern that way. Instructions are colour coded so if you wish to print off the pattern at home, please do so in colour.
If you wish to have a paper copy sent to you, please order a high quality printed pattern to be posted out.
Why not organise a 2 day class to make your Tidy Tote with your group, guild or shop. I am always happy to travel to you. Call me on 0430 135281 to organise this, or a wholesale order for your shop.
Shipping costs (all in AUD)
These are added at the cart and all are Express Australia Post Service;
- Printed patterns to Australia $2.50
- Printed patterns to the rest of the world $10.00
- Tidy Tote kits without the wadding Australia $12.20
- Tidy Tote Kits without the wadding rest of the world $40
- Tidy Tote Kits with the wadding Australia $17
- Tidy Tote Kits with the wadding rest of the world $54
Most template purchases will be delivered express post to Australia for $12.20.
The exception is larger templates, but you will be contacted if this affects you.
PDF and online classes
An email will be sent to you with instant download instructions.
Covid 19 delivery note
Express postage is used and a tracking number will be provided for all kits
Australian orders are being shipped promptly by express post and are being received in a timely fashion.
Rest of the world
The current advice is that international postage is taking some time. If this is a problem for you, I would recommend you purchase an instant PDF pattern download and source your kit requirements locally.
Patterns, kits and classes for the Tidy Tote by Anita, prices are in Australian Dollars.
Printed patterns are mailed by Australia post either to Australia or overseas
Tidy Tote kits are mailed using Express post.
Tidy Tote Online classes with included PDF patterns
- Watch 3 hours of online video classes any time you like and as often as you like.
- Start when it is is convenient to you.
- Every step is a separate video. 19 videos in total, demonstrating the techniques used to construct your Tidy Tote.
- Jump to any of the 19 videos to check up on a step.
- A total of 3 hours of online videos showing all steps from start to finish.
- Also included are both of the Tidy Tote PDF patterns, for the two size boxes that are available. A total of 4 sizes of Tidy Tote and baskets.
- All the help you could ever need to make your own unique Tidy Tote.
- Drop me an email for a discount code when you are buying your class bundle
- As classes are online classes you can access them at any time and as many times as you like.
The videos are viewable online at any time whenever you like, in what order you like.
If you follow the link, you can sign in without making a payment, and have a look at the first couple of videos to see what you will be purchasing.
Sign in with the email you may purchase it under later.
Create a password
Then once you are in bookmark the page so you can go back to it often.
As a Quilting Teacher I had the need to transport my "tools of the trade" as efficiently as I could. I tried lots different bought bags and cases but none where, "just right", so I decided to make my own. Even when I am not on the move the Tidy Tote is a really good place to keep all my stuff in one place next to my sewing machine at home.
That initial pattern has then been honed, tried and tested to a point where I was comfortable offering it to my students and other clients. Many of them as you can see from the picture have made them too. I really enjoy seeing students bringing them to my classes and hearing how useful they find them.
I started just selling the pattern, then got requests for the items that made up the bag, So I have decided to make it easier for you to source them and now offer a kit in many colour options with or without the wadding. For the material many people have mentioned they get to use something from their "stash".
The feedback I get back is that the kits are of good quality and people find the pattern easy to follow. You can check that out on my facebook page.
I hope you have fun making your Tidy Totes and get lots of use out of them.