Quilting weekend Bairnsdale October 9th and 10th 2021
- Bairnsdale workshop 9th and 10th October details please read
- Class requirements for face to face Westalee Design Ruler classes - please read
- Enrollment form
After a successful weekend in March, we are planning another actual real live weekend of quilting in the lovely town of Bairnsdale.
When and where??
October 8th and 9th 2021
Classes are held from 9.30am – 4.30pm both days
Workshops are held in U3A rooms at The Hub, 27 Dalmahoy St. Bairnsdale.
The Workshops are being run solely by Hillside Quilting with the support of Margaret Fraser in Bairnsdale.
All current covid 19 protocols will be followed. If the classes cannot go ahead because of government covid restrictions we will reschedule. If this is not possible then any monies paid will be returned.
Anyone from a beginner to an experienced quilter will gain knowledge and practical help for quilting with Westalee Design rulers.
Beginners will start off on the Table runner and placemats pattern so that they can learn all the basic skills for successful Westalee Design ruler quilting.
Students who have already done this can be completing the rest of the Skill Builder patterns or working on their own quilts with guidance from Anita Ellis your experienced tutor.
Perhaps you have been quilting for a while and are up for a design challenge. A new project will be offered at the workshop. Watch this space.
Check out the class details in the tabs. There is also an enrolment form to complete so that I can be up to speed with where you are at. If your not sure, just call me for a chat. 0430 135281.
Because we all need to get out of the house and have some fun time learning new things with like minded folks. There is also the opportunity to ask all those quilting questions that have come up while you have been quietly quilting at home.
We really can't wait to see you all and play quilting. Do come and join us.
Westalee Ruler Quilting Workshop with Anita Ellis from Hillside Quilting.
Thank you for enrolling in Hillside Quilting two-day quilting workshop.
• Class booking are final. The cost for the two days is $160. The non-refundable deposit of $80 is required to secure your spot and the balance of $80 is due by 1st September. There is an option to pay at hillsidequilting.com.au or you can give your class fees to Margaret Fraser if you see her in person.
• Should covid restrictions not allow the workshop to go ahead we will aim to rescehdule. If this is not possible then you will be refunded any monies paid. The workshop will operate following all current covd protocols.
• As always there will be options for beginners, those working through the skill builder patterns, people working on their own quilts and those who would like a design challenge. Details of requirements for each of these groups of people are on the website.
• Workshops are held in U3A rooms at The Hub, 27 Dalmahoy St. Bairnsdale.
• Classes are held from 9.30am – 4.30pm both days.
• On the Saturday of your 2-day workshop room will be open at 9am for you to come in and set up your machine ready for a 9.30am start.
• Bring a cushion to sit on as you need to be up a little higher while quilting.
• If your machine does not have a speed controller on it please inform me so I can send you a photo of a simple foot speed control.
• If you have a quilt top that you would like to quilt, bring it along as there will be an
opportunity for a discussion as to how to quilt it.
• You may leave your machine at the HUB overnight. This is at your own risk so if you are concerned please check your own insurance policy.
• BYO lunch on both days. Morning tea will be provided, byo mug.
• Saturday night we love to go out for a pub dinner. A great way to get to know each other better. Dinner is at your own expense and please let Margaret know 2 weeks prior if you intend to come for booking purposes, feel free to bring a friend.
For all enquiries please contact either Anita Ellis or Margaret Fraser;
firstname.lastname@example.org ph. 0412 266 894
Please sign into the following link to gain access to all the requirement lists for your class.
This is a different website to the shop one.
You will need to create a password and will not be charged at all.
Any questions please ask on 0430 135281.
If you do not have all that is required, orders can be placed with Anita by phone or on the shop website. Please order as soon as possible to ensure your order will be ready for your class date;